(Rewrites with market reaction, background) By Michael Shields, European Auto Correspondent FRANKFURT, April 27 (Reuters) - Underlying profit at Mercedes Car Group disappointed the market on Thursday, eclipsing DaimlerChrysler's overall first-quarter operating earnings that beat analyst expectations. Profit at U.S. arm Chrysler more than halved in the quarter as a price war ranged in the crucial U.S. market. Total operating profit at the world's fifth-biggest carmaker rose 42 percent ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Mercedes disappoints as Daimler Q1 profit rises" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642