(Adds analyst quotes) MEXICO CITY, Sept 26 (Reuters) - Mexico's economy grew a tame 2 percent in July amid a slump in the key manufacturing sector, a motor of the economy that has become its Achilles heel. The government said on Monday that manufacturing output dropped 2.1 percent from July last year following a weakening in demand for cars and car parts from the United States, the destination of 90 percent of Mexico's exports. "There was a slowdown taking place, but the magnitude of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Mexico's economy grew tepid 2 pct in July" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.