(Adds stake value, updates share price, paragraphs 3-4) SEOUL, Jan 28 (Reuters) - Global tyre maker Michelin said on Tuesday it would buy a 10 percent stake in South Korea's Hankook Tire to establish a strategic alliance. Hankook is one of the largest tyre makers in South Korea, which ranks as the world's fifth-largest producer of automobiles behind the United States, Japan, Germany and France. Michelin declined to give the value of the planned stake purchase, but a spokesman for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Michelin to acquire 10 pct stake in Hankook Tire" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.