(Adds shares, analyst comment, background) By Rebecca Harrison PARIS, Feb 25 (Reuters) - Europe's biggest tyre maker Michelin posted a forecast-beating 18 percent rise in 2002 operating profit on Tuesday as price increases and cost cuts help it resist grim markets and a weak U.S. dollar. The French firm was cautious on prospects for 2003, declining to give firm forecasts and betting on stable tyre markets with a risk of declining demand. But markets welcomed the headline figures and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Michelin profits beat forecasts, shares gain" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.