* Microsoft looks to beef up social offerings * Yammer will become part of Office unit * Microsoft shares down 3.5 pct (Adds background on Microsoft strategy) June 25 (Reuters) - Microsoft Corp agreed to buy online social network firm Yammer Inc for $1.2 billion in cash, which will allow the software company to offer a service like Facebook Inc's to corporate customers. Talk of a deal had circulated earlier this month, but the two companies only confirmed the deal on Monday. Four-year-old ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Microsoft to buy Yammer for $1.2 billion" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.