(Adds analyst comments and more detail) By Takaya Yamaguchi and Yuka Obayashi TOKYO, June 29 (Reuters) - Japanese car maker Mitsubishi Motors Corp (MMC) will get extra cash to pay for restructuring as it struggles to repair an image and sales battered by scandals over coverups of vehicle defects and a growing number of recalls. MMC said on Tuesday it aims to raise up to 546 billion yen ($5 billion) for a rescue package, 20 percent more than an original plan it announced in May. U.S. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Mitsubishi Motors to boost rescue funds by 20 pct" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642