(Adds DaimlerChrysler comment, background, byline) By Edwina Gibbs and Madeline Chambers TOKYO/FRANKFURT, Jan 15 (Reuters) - Troubled Japanese auto maker Mitsubishi Motors Corp said on Thursday it would sell a 22 percent stake in Mitsubishi Fuso Truck & Bus to DaimlerChrysler AG for 52 billion yen ($489.4 million). The sale, aimed at shoring up the restructuring auto maker's balance sheet after it was badly hurt by problems at a U.S. finance unit, follows news of a possible capital ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Mitsubishi Motors to sell 22% of Fuso to Daimler" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.