* Assembler Sojitz blames labor disputes for output halt * Police killed workers in clashes at the plant this year * Venezuelan auto sales down 50 pct this year (Adds quote from Chavez, details on plant) CARACAS, Aug 24 (Reuters) - The assembler of Mitsubishi and Hyundai vehicles in Venezuela has suspended production indefinitely due to labor disputes, adding to the problems of the automotive sector in the OPEC nation. Assembler Sojitz Corp blamed acts of "indiscipline and anarchy" ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Mitsubishi,Hyundai assembly in Venezuela suspended" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.