(Adds announcement date, time in paragraphs 4-5) TOKYO, Jan 27 (Reuters) - Mitsubishi Motors Corp. (MMC) will become an affiliate of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. as part of the group's effort to rescue the ailing auto maker, the Nihon Keizai Shimbun reported on Thursday. Mitsubishi Heavy, which originally spun off MMC in 1970, would buy another 50 billion yen ($481 million) worth of shares in its sister company, raising its stake to above 15 percent from a little less than 10 percent ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-MMC to become M'bishi Heavy affiliate - paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642