(Adds details, share price) TOKYO, Nov 28 (Reuters) - Japanese chip maker NEC Electronics Corp plans to merge its production units in Japan as it consolidates output lines to cut fixed costs, the Nikkei business daily said on Wednesday. The loss-making company, 70 percent-owned by NEC Corp , has been closing old production lines and slashing outsourcing costs and salaries in a bid to turn a profit. NEC Electronics, which makes chips for Toyota Motor Corp's Lexus luxury car and also for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-NEC Electronics to merge production units-Nikkei" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.