(Adds comments by NEC Electronics president, analyst, byline) By Kiyoshi Takenaka TOKYO, Jan 25 (Reuters) - Japan's NEC Electronics Corp. reported a quarterly loss on Wednesday, battered by sluggish sales of cellphone and server chips, and kept its outlook for a full-year loss that is in line with expectations. Its earnings were hit by slow demand for microchips used in mobile phones and falling prices of chips for digital consumer electronics such as DVD recorders and flat panel ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-NEC Electronics posts Q3 loss on slow chip sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642