(Adds CFO comments, details) TOKYO, April 26 (Reuters) - NEC Electronics Corp. , the world's eighth-largest chip maker, posted a sharp fall in operating profit for the last business year and forecast a further decline, hit by sluggish demand for chips used in flat-panel displays. The company, owned 70 percent by NEC Corp. , projected a 25 percent drop in group operating profit to 25 billion yen ($236.5 million) for the year that started in April, below market expectations. A poll of 11 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-NEC Electronics profit tumbles, further fall ahead" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.