(previous MELBOURNE, adds details throughout) By Sonali Paul and Sinead Carew MELBOURNE/NEW YORK, March 28 (Reuters) - Rupert Murdoch's News Corp Ltd may tap John Malone's Liberty Media Corp for $500 million, a deal that could help finance a possible bid for the owner of U.S. satellite broadcaster DirecTV. The agreement -- which gives Liberty the option to buy $500 million in preferred News Corp stock -- raised the likelihood that the two media moguls would make a joint offer for ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-News Corp taps Liberty for possible Hughes bid" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.