(Adds background, detail, comment) TOKYO, Jan 30 (Reuters) - Nippon Steel Corp. , the world's second-biggest steel maker, posted a 5 percent gain in nine-month profit on strong demand from the auto sector but kept its full-year forecast for a slight drop, prompting its shares to fall. Shares in Nippon Steel were down 1.3 percent at 702 yen after the announcement on Tuesday, retreating from a rally in the morning on news it was considering deepening ties with two small allies, Nakayama ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Nippon Steel keeps profit forecast, stock falls" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.