(Writes through with second-quarter results) By Chang-Ran Kim, Asia Auto Correspondent TOKYO, Oct 29 (Reuters) - Nissan Motor Co. , Japan's number two auto maker, posted a surprise drop in quarterly profits on Friday because of higher raw material, R&D and sales costs but kept its full-year forecasts unchanged. Many analysts had expected a rise in second-quarter profits, backed by a double-digit expansion in sales in the important U.S. market. Rival Honda Motor Co. had a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Nissan has surprise Q2 profit drop, keeps forecast" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.