(Recasts, adds detail, analyst comment) By Rina Chandran MUMBAI, Aug 29 (Reuters) - Nissan Motor Co will team up with India's Ashok Leyland to make light commercial trucks to gain a bigger share of the market in Asia's third-largest economy. Nissan, Japan's third-largest automaker, and Ashok Leyland, India's No.2 bus and truck maker, will form three joint ventures for vehicles, powertrain manufacture and technology development. The companies did not give any financial details. "Our ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Nissan to make trucks with Ashok Leyland in India" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.