(Adds company, analyst comments) By Chang-Ran Kim, Asia auto correspondent TOKYO, July 29 (Reuters) - Nissan Motor Co. reported a 5.8 percent rise in quarterly operating profit on Thursday as Americans snapped up its big new cars and helped offset declining sales in Japan and a weaker U.S. dollar. A day earlier, rival Honda Motor Co. said it eked out a rise in quarterly profit, helped by robust sales abroad. Toyota Motor Corp. is expected to post a big gain next Tuesday, also making up ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Nissan Q1 profit up on booming U.S. sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642