(Recasts first paragraph, adds breakdown of recall by region) TOKYO, Oct 30 (Reuters) - Nissan Motor Co , Japan's third-largest auto maker, said on Thursday it would recall 2.55 million cars worldwide at an estimated cost of 15 to 16 billion yen ($138-148 million) due to an engine defect. The recall applies to 1.02 million cars in Japan spanning 25 models, making it the second-biggest ever by an auto maker in Japan, a Transport Ministry official said. The biggest was also by Nissan, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Nissan to recall 2.55 mln cars over engine trouble" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.