(Updates throughout) TORONTO, Jan 28 (Reuters) - Noranda Inc. said on Tuesday it will temporarily close its Magnola magnesium plant in Quebec until prices improve and take a C$630 million ($410 million) after-tax charge in the fourth quarter as the base metal company keeps up a vigorous cost-cutting drive. Over the past 12 months the company, one of the world's largest producers of zinc and nickel, has implemented a series of production cutbacks and closed underperforming assets as it ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Noranda takes writedown, closes magnesium plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642