(Recasts opening paragraphs, adds details, company comment, stock action) CHICAGO, Jan 25 (Reuters) - U.S. railroad Norfolk Southern Corp. said on Wednesday its fourth-quarter net income rose 37 percent, citing record revenues in all commodity groups, which were boosted by rising freight volumes and fuel surcharges. The results comfortably beat analyst expectations and sent the stock up more than 4 percent in early trading The Norfolk, Virginia-based company said net profit jumped to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Norfolk Southern 4th-qtr net profit rises 37 pct" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.