* Obama says stimulus policies averted depression * Obama expects carmakers will pay back government loans (Adds quotes, color) By David Alexander RALEIGH, N.C., July 29 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama launched a spirited defense of his economic policies on Wednesday, declaring that they had helped save the country from plunging into a depression. With a spate of polls showing Americans have growing doubts about his policies, Obama said bank and auto bailouts and stimulus spending ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Obama vigorously defends economic policies" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.