(Adds comment, detail, background) By Laurence Frost and Gilles Guillaume PARIS, June 28 (Reuters) - Struggling French car maker PSA Peugeot Citroen is seeking additional cost savings this year and freeing capacity at one of its two Paris plants to prepare for the other's closure, union officials said after talks with management. Chief Executive Philippe Varin told workers' representatives on Thursday that the existing 1 billion euro ($1.25 billion) savings goal "will not be enough", senior ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Peugeot increases cuts, prepares closure -unions" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.