(Adds analyst comment, background) By William Schomberg MILAN, July 31 (Reuters) - Italy's Pirelli showed on Thursday it was clawing out of a slump, reporting a 27 percent rise in first-half operating profit, helped by its key tyre unit and cost-cutting at its cables divisions. Pirelli, which effectively controls Telecom Italia , had a grim 2002 as telecoms and power firms slashed spending. But the group showed a first sign of recovery in the first quarter as savings from job cuts ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Pirelli profit helped by tyres, cost cuts" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.