(Adds details on VW Touareg, background) By Alexander Huebner STUTTGART, Germany, Feb 27 (Reuters) - Germany's Porsche said it had recalled 22,158 Cayenne sports utility vehicles due to wiring problems on Friday, while Volkswagen said 6,500 of its Touaregs had also needed fixing. Both vehicles, built on the same platform, had a fault that could lead to a cable fire beneath the instrument panel, but there had so far been no known accidents as a result of the problem, Porsche said. A ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Porsche and VW recall SUVs due to wiring fault" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.