(Rewrites throughout adding analyst, regulator comments) By Christiaan Hetzner FRANKFURT, March 26 (Reuters) - Porsche exercised an option on Monday to raise its voting stake in Volkswagen to 30.9 percent, which will technically trigger a takeover bid, though at a cut price that looks designed to fail. "The completion of the share acquisition is expected to take place on Wednesday, 28 March, 2007," Porsche said in a statement, after management made use of its 3.6 percent call on shares ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Porsche boosts VW stake to 30.9 pct via option" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.