(Adds analyst comment, more details and background) By Christiaan Hetzner FRANKFURT, March 24 (Reuters) - Porsche took advantage on Saturday of a surge in Volkswagen stock to meet a mandatory requirement to offer to buy out all remaining shares at a price few investors are likely to accept. Porsche, which controls 27.3 percent of VW's voting rights and holds an option to buy a further 3.7 percent, said it planned to boost its stake to up to 31 percent soon -- a move that triggers a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Porsche makes VW bid it hopes market refuses" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.