* To raise around 5 bln euros in equity capital * Capital increase is condition for Volkswagen merger * Porsche, underwriting banks decline comment (Adds background, no comment from Porsche and banks) By Philipp Halstrick and Edward Taylor FRANKFURT, March 25 (Reuters) - Debt-laden German carmaker Porsche will begin a 5 billion euro ($7.1 billion) capital increase in the next few days, clearing the way for a merger with Volkswagen, two sources close to the deal said on Friday. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Porsche to raise $7 billion in capital -- sources" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.