(Adds details throughout, changes byline) By Patrick Chalmers KUALA LUMPUR, May 27 (Reuters) - Malaysia's top car maker Proton announced plans for a major reorganisation on Tuesday, a surprise move some analysts say will lead to a new foreign partnership. State-controlled Proton (Perusahaan Otomobil Nasional Bhd) said it would establish a new investment holding company to take over its listing status. Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad started off Proton in 1983 in a drive to accelerate ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Proton revamp seen paving way for foreign partner" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.