(Recasts with Proton CEO comments) KUALA LUMPUR, July 27 (Reuters) - Lossmaking Malaysian national car maker Proton Holdings Bhd expects to return to profit this financial year, helped by the launch of a new model, state media reported on Friday. The company will introduce an as-yet unnamed replacement in mid-August for its most successful-ever model, the 14-year-old 'Wira' sedan, the Web site of the company's Proton Edar retail unit said. Proton, which faces a shrinking market share ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Proton sees return to profit this year - state media" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.