(Releads with Putin, details) By Denis Pinchuk ST PETERSBURG, Russia, Dec 21 (Reuters) - President Vladimir Putin forecast on Friday his home town of St Petersburg would become one of the world's biggest car industry clusters as he opened Toyota Motor Corp's first Russian plant. "By 2015 St Petersburg alone will produce 1 million cars per year at five foreign-led plants," Putin told an opening ceremony. "St Petersburg is becoming Russia's largest, and one of the world's biggest, car ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Putin sees car makers boom as Toyota opens plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642