(Adds details from statement, analyst reactions) By Michael Shields, European Auto Correspondent FRANKFURT, Oct 25 (Reuters) - DaimlerChrysler's third-quarter operating profit rose 38 percent to 1.84 billion euros ($2.2 billion), easily beating analysts' forecasts thanks to a surprisingly strong recovery at its flagship Mercedes Car Group. Posting results a day earlier than expected, the world's fifth-biggest carmaker reiterated on Tuesday its forecast for slightly higher 2005 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Renewed Mercedes puts shine back on Daimler profits" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.