(Adds comments from conference call, shares, market reaction) By Michael Shields FRANKFURT, July 25 (Reuters) - DaimlerChrysler AG's premium Mercedes Car Group has set its sights on a 10 percent operating margin by 2010 after tough streamlining helped its second-quarter profit advance by nearly three quarters. Cost-cutting and a rich model mix that boosted revenue per unit sold saw Mercedes earnings before interest and tax (EBIT) gain 74 percent to 1.2 billion euros ($1.66 billion), ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Resurgent Mercedes eyes 10 pct margin" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.