(Recasts first paragraph, adds background, stock price) NEW YORK, Oct 23 (Reuters) - Rouge Industries Inc. , parent of Rouge Steel, on Thursday said it filed for bankruptcy protection and agreed to be acquired by Severstal , one of Russia's three largest steelmakers. Rouge, the in-house steelmaking unit for Ford Motor Co. until 1989, said it filed for protection under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code on Thursday evening, but will continue to provide uninterrupted service to its ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Rouge files bankruptcy;Russia's Severstal agrees to buy" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.