(Previous HELSINKI, adds Amtel confirmation of talks, quotes) MOSCOW, Jan 20 (Reuters) - A source at Russia's Amtel said on Tuesday it was in merger talks with Nordic tyre giant Nokian Renkaat and said a decision on whether to unite operations would be made over coming days. The merger, if it goes through, would point at growing investor interest in Russia's manufacturing industry -- a key part of the Soviet economy largely devastated in the post-communist economic meltdown in the 1990s. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Russia Amtel in Nokian Renkaat merger talks-source" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.