(Adds earnings details, background) CHICAGO, May 27 (Reuters) - AutoZone Inc. , the largest U.S. auto parts retailer, said on Tuesday its quarterly net income rose 23 percent, bolstered by higher sales of replacement parts to car repair centers. AutoZone, whose shares are hovering near their all-time highs, has benefited as Americans put more miles on their cars each year and keep their aging vehicles longer, driving sales of replacement parts. A 30 percent jump in commercial sales ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Sales to repair shops drive AutoZone profit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.