(Changes dateline, adds analysts, background) By Elisabeth O'Leary and Steve Slater MADRID/LONDON, Sept 25 (Reuters) - Spanish banking group Santander said on Monday it had agreed to buy most of U.S. auto financing firm Drive Financial Services, extending its consumer finance network across the Atlantic from Europe. Santander, one of Europe's most acquisitive banks, will pay $651 million to take a 90 percent stake in Drive Financial. British bank HBOS Plc sold the majority of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Santander extends consumer finance drive to U.S." is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.