(Adds CEO comment on market share, updates shares, adds byline) By Patrick McLoughlin STOCKHOLM, Jan 31 (Reuters) - Scania , one of the most profitable manufacturers in the troubled truck industry, said on Friday its fourth-quarter pre-tax profit almost tripled thanks to cost cutting and a rebound at its Latin American unit. Pre-tax profit came in at 1.26 billion Swedish crowns ($147.6 million), up from 463 million crowns in the year-ago period, compared with market expectations of 937 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Scania Q4 profit jumps, sees flat market in 2003" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642