(Adds quotes from story, background) FRANKFURT, Aug 23 (Reuters) - Shanghai Automotive Industry Corp (SAIC), China's largest carmaker, plans to buy privately held British automaker MG Rover in a bold push to grab a Western beachhead, the Automotive News Europe weekly reported on Monday. Quoting sources in England and China, the paper said SAIC would boost its ambitions to become the world's sixth-largest automaker by taking an initial equity stake in MG Rover, the size of which was still ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Shanghai Auto plans to buy UK's MG Rover - paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642