(Adds central bank official and analyst comments, markets) By Kim Kyoung-wha SEOUL, Aug 22 (Reuters) - South Korea's economy, the envy of most Asian neighbours last year, contracted in the second quarter on flagging consumption, sliding into its first recession since the 1998 Asian crisis, the central bank said on Friday. A central bank forecast for the third quarter implied a strong rebound now under way, although an official was cautious and analysts pointed to ballooning consumer ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-S.Korea economy in recession, H2 rebound seen" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642