(Adds details, analyst comment and byline) By Poornima Gupta DETROIT, Feb 21 (Reuters) - Car dealer Sonic Automotive Inc. said on Tuesday fourth-quarter earnings rose 43 percent, boosted by improved margins and reduced costs, and expects 2006 earnings to come in higher than Wall Street estimates. The Charlotte, North Carolina, company said net profit rose to $20.9 million, or 48 cents, from $14.6 million, or 35 cents per share, last year. Earnings from continuing operations increased ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Sonic Automotive's earnings rise 43 percent" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.