(Adds CFO comments, background, share price) DETROIT, April 26 (Reuters) - Auto dealership group Sonic Automotive Inc. on Tuesday posted a 23 percent drop in first-quarter profits, hurt by high inventories of unsold vehicles and rising interest rates. The Charlotte, North Carolina-based company said profit fell to $17.12 million, or 40 cents a share, from $22.2 million, or 51 cents a share a year ago. The results included a charge of 2 cents per share for hail damage in two ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Sonic quarterly profit down 23 pct on rising costs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.