(Recasts, adds background, Ford, analyst comment) By Dena Aubin NEW YORK, June 28 (Reuters) - Standard & Poor's on Wednesday downgraded Ford Motor Co. for the second time this year, sending its rating deeper into junk status on worries 2006 will be a more difficult year than first expected. Ford, the second-largest U.S. automaker, lost $1.2 billion in the first quarter, its biggest quarterly loss in over four years as it took $2.5 billion in charges for job cuts and plant closings. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-S&P cuts Ford, Ford Credit deeper into junk status" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.