(Adds quotes, details, background) BOSTON/NEW YORK, July 30 (Reuters) - Diversified U.S. manufacturer SPX Corp reported a 48 percent rise in quarterly profit on Wednesday, helped by a weak dollar and strong demand for its industrial products. The company, whose shares surged nearly 5 percent, also raised its full-year earnings forecast. The company, which makes cooling towers for power plants and equipment used in oil and gas production, said second-quarter earnings rose to $94.8 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-SPX profit tops Wall Street view, stock climbs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.