(Adds analyst comment, background) By Edwina Gibbs TOKYO, Nov 30 (Reuters) - Sumitomo Metal Industries , Japan's No.3 steel maker, plans to spend $243 million to boost production of steel sheet used by car makers by 30 percent to address a supply shortage that is crimping Japanese auto output. Nissan Motor Co. said last week it would suspend some production because it could not procure enough steel, which is in short supply around the world because of demand in China. Sumitomo said ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Sumitomo Metal to lift auto-use steel output" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.