(Recasts with company announcement) TOKYO, Dec 26 (Reuters) - Japan's third-largest tyremaker, Sumitomo Rubber Industries Ltd, said on Thursday it will absorb its subsidiary Ohtsu Tire and Rubber Co Ltd next July 1. Sumitomo Rubber, owned 10 percent by U.S.-based Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co , said the deal is aimed at raising management efficiency and boosting the competitiveness of group operations. Sumitomo Rubber, which currently holds a 51 percent stake in Ohtsu, Japan's ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Sumitomo Rubber to absorb Ohtsu Tire" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642