(Updates throughout) By Chang-Ran Kim, Asia auto correspondent TOKYO, Jan 25 (Reuters) - Japan's Suzuki Motor Corp. expects its global car sales to rise 8 percent to a record this year as demand for its small, fuel-efficient cars remains firm in India and Europe. Suzuki, the fourth-biggest Japanese auto maker in terms of market value, has enjoyed record profits thanks to a gradual global shift away from gas-guzzlers and has set a goal of producing 3 million cars in the 2009/10 business ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Suzuki Motor sees global car sales up 8 pct in 2007" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.