(Updates with start of talks, adds quotes paragraphs 3,4) By David Evans PARIS, Nov 23 (Reuters) - French truckers' unions and bosses began talks on Saturday in a last-ditch bid to resolve a pay and conditions dispute and avert potentially crippling nationwide roadblocks set to be put up on Sunday evening. But union leaders held out little hope of a deal on their demands for a 14 percent rise in monthly pay, an extra month's wages a year and shorter work hours. On Friday they rejected ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Talks start to avert French trucker blockades" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.