(Adds comments, closing share price) By Rina Chandran BOMBAY, July 29 (Reuters) - India's top vehicle maker, Tata Motors Ltd. , beat market forecasts on Friday with a surprise 22 percent rise in quarterly net profit, as cost cuts and strong sales abroad offset high raw material costs. Its bottom line was also boosted by the merger of Tata Finance Ltd. with the company, which became effective from April. India's $5 billion truck and bus market, the world's fifth largest, has enjoyed ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Tata Motors nets Q1 surprise, sees slower growth" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.