(Adds quote, details, share price) By Rina Chandran and Arif Sharif BOMBAY, Jan 31 (Reuters) - India's top vehicle maker, Tata Motors Ltd., met expectations with a 50 percent rise in quarterly profit on Monday on strong truck and car sales, but it warned that margins remain under pressure from higher input costs. Tata Motors , with 62 percent of India's truck and bus market, the world's fifth biggest, said net profit rose to 3.16 billion rupees ($72 million) in the fiscal third quarter ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Tata Motors Q3 net profit leaps despite high costs" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.