* Tesla to build electric sedan in small part of big plant * Toyota chief approached Tesla (Adds details from news conference) PALO ALTO, Calif., May 20 (Reuters) - Japanese carmaker Toyota Motor Corp is investing $50 million in electric carmaker Tesla Motors, which will take over a San Francisco-area Toyota plant for its all-electric sedan, the companies said on Thursday. Toyota and former joint-venture partner General Motors had shut down the New United Motor Manufacturing Inc ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"UPDATE 2-Tesla taking Toyota factory, investment" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.